A few months ago, a major Flea find was discovered near Daohugou (Northeast China), that was a part of the Middle Jurassic (176-161million years ago) and Lower Cretaceous period further confirming dinosaurs are not the only creepy critter in existence during prehistoric times. The female fleas were a much larger size than today’s 5mm length, nearly 4x at 20mm while males were 15mm. Nature journal, who published the study shows the pesky vermin were not able to jump, however there remains show they were specially adapted to feed off there prey. Check it out below here:
Picture of fossils discovered (not to scale)
Picture of today’s common cat or dog flea flea under the 200x electron microscope
1) All Cats and dogs should be treated with a veterinarian prescribed flea treatment program.
2) Remove all items except furniture up and off the floor . Don’t forget about closet floors, under beds and shelving.
3) Place the items you’ve picked up off of the floors and place on top of beds, tables and counters, but not on couches or armchairs.
4) Moveable furniture, plants and any items that are up against a wall should be pulled away at least 6 inches.
5) Do your best to vacuum your floors the night before, immediately after the treatment and dispose the vacuum cleaner bag.
6) All people and pets must vacate their suite during the treatment and be out for a minimum of six
hours after completion of the job. Children under two years of age, expectant and nursing mothers
and people suffering from respiratory ailments are recommended to stay out at least twelve hours.
7) Fish tanks should have their air pumps unplugged, and a wet towel placed over the aquarium.
We will be using the following product(s): Dragnet (0.5% Permethrin; PCP #24175) Precor (1.2% Methoprene; PCP # 21573)
Opening windows will help to ventilate. Contact us anytime.