pemberton carpenter ants
There are several nonchemical measures that can help prevent infestations:
- Trim tree branches and shrubs away from structures to prevent access;
- Seal off potential entry points such as where utility lines enter a structure;
- Reduce mulch around building perimeters to a depth of 2 to 3 inches to discourage nesting;
- Eliminate any earth-to-wood contact of structural elements that might promote wood decay;
- Replace decayed or damaged wood and correct problems that cause decay such as clogged rain gutters or leaky pipes;
- Increase ventilation to damp areas such as attic or subfloor spaces;
- Store firewood off the ground and several feet away from structures; and
- Remove potential food sources inside a structure and store them in tightly sealed containers.
Most carpenter ant inspections and perimeter treatments start at around $150 bucks. Thanks!
“Big and black” are the two common most terms home and business owners use to describe Carpenter Ants, especially during the busy spring mating season this year.
Carpenter Ants find there ways around Whistler, Squamish and Pemberton´s forested areas by there heightened sense of sight and sense of smell, chemical tracks (pheromones) and even use visual reference marks. Causing great damage, these pesky riff-raff nibblers create pathways or congregate in similar areas digging galleries in wood, earth, insulation and other building material mostly due to heat provided from structures. Isn´t that disturbing they congregate in areas that many of us call home or work?
After many years of study it is noticed, when looked at closely Carpenter Ants have hues of red, and brown and can congregate in the 50,000 range.
Carpenter Ants are also found behind bathroom tiles; around tubs, sinks, showers, and dishwashers; under roofing, in attic beams, and under sub-floor insulation; and in hollow spaces such as doors, curtain rods, and wall voids; and are about 1/4″ to 3/4″ in length.
Contact us any time with your carpenter ant problems for an easy solution and protection against your home or business and be safe from future attacks today. (778) 209-7785 or firstname.lastname@example.org