CARPENTER ANT MANAGEMENT
There are several nonchemical measures that can help prevent infestations:
- Trim tree branches and shrubs away from structures to prevent access;
- Seal off potential entry points such as where utility lines enter a structure;
- Reduce mulch around building perimeters to a depth of 2 to 3 inches to discourage nesting;
- Eliminate any earth-to-wood contact of structural elements that might promote wood decay;
- Replace decayed or damaged wood and correct problems that cause decay such as clogged rain gutters or leaky pipes;
- Increase ventilation to damp areas such as attic or subfloor spaces;
- Store firewood off the ground and several feet away from structures; and
- Remove potential food sources inside a structure and store them in tightly sealed containers.
Most carpenter ant inspections and perimeter treatments start at around $100 bucks. Thanks!